Skip to main content

BLACK LIVES MATTER! PERIOD. Senegal gov't protests death of its citizen in Spain. Senegal The government of Senegal has officially protested the death of a Hundreds of the street vendor who died on Thursday evening in Madrid. 35-year-old Mame Mbaye Ndiaye suffered a heart attack in the street while running away from police. That evening protesters threw stones and set dustbins alight in Madrid’s Lavapies neighborhood, home to many migrant communities and near the place where Ndiaye died. Senegalese Foreign minister, Sidiki Kaba told a private radio, KFM, that the Spanish ambassador to Dakar was summoned and tasked to explain the circumstances surrounding the death of Ndiaye. “The Government of Senegal condemns the violence that led to the death of the Senegalese,’‘ Kaba said. Kaba says the government has request an independent commission of inquiry into Ndiaye’s death. Protests in Madrid Meanwhile, hundreds of people held a peaceful protest in central Madrid on Friday to demand better police treatment of street vendors. Friday’s gathering in a square in Lavapies passed without violence. Protesters held signs reading slogans such as “Enough of police harassment” and chanted “Police murderers”. Madrid’s Mayor Manuela Carmena has said the council would investigate the incident. At a news conference on Friday, a spokeswoman for the council said municipal police did not chase Ndiaye as reported by some of the protesters. A police van was flagged down by Ndiaye’s companion and two officers tried to revive him while calling an ambulance but he died, the town hall said in a statement. Twenty people were injured during clashes with police on Thursday evening, the town hall said. Illegal street sellers, many of them African migrants, are a common sight in Madrid and other Spanish cities. Hawking anything from watches to handbags, they often lay out their wares on blankets which can be quickly gathered up and stowed away to avoid police scrutiny. Spain is the third busiest European migration hub, with more than 20,000 arrivals recorded last year.

Senegal gov't protests death of its citizen in Spain

Senegal

The government of Senegal has officially protested the death of a Hundreds of the street vendor who died on Thursday evening in Madrid.

35-year-old Mame Mbaye Ndiaye suffered a heart attack in the street while running away from police.

That evening protesters threw stones and set dustbins alight in Madrid’s Lavapies neighborhood, home to many migrant communities and near the place where Ndiaye died.

Senegalese Foreign minister, Sidiki Kaba told a private radio, KFM, that the Spanish ambassador to Dakar was summoned and tasked to explain the circumstances surrounding the death of Ndiaye.

“The Government of Senegal condemns the violence that led to the death of the Senegalese,’‘ Kaba said.

Kaba says the government has request an independent commission of inquiry into Ndiaye’s death.

Protests in Madrid

Meanwhile, hundreds of people held a peaceful protest in central Madrid on Friday to demand better police treatment of street vendors.

Friday’s gathering in a square in Lavapies passed without violence. Protesters held signs reading slogans such as “Enough of police harassment” and chanted “Police murderers”.

Madrid’s Mayor Manuela Carmena has said the council would investigate the incident.

At a news conference on Friday, a spokeswoman for the council said municipal police did not chase Ndiaye as reported by some of the protesters.

A police van was flagged down by Ndiaye’s companion and two officers tried to revive him while calling an ambulance but he died, the town hall said in a statement.

Twenty people were injured during clashes with police on Thursday evening, the town hall said.

Illegal street sellers, many of them African migrants, are a common sight in Madrid and other Spanish cities. Hawking anything from watches to handbags, they often lay out their wares on blankets which can be quickly gathered up and stowed away to avoid police scrutiny.

Spain is the third busiest European migration hub, with more than 20,000 arrivals recorded last year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Host a Website for Free From Your PC or Laptop.

Why pay for a web hosting service when your old computer can do the same thing? Learn how to self-host your site. If you're planning to launch a website but don't want to pay recurring monthly or annual hosting fees, you can use any old laptop or desktop PC to host a website for free. It's a great way to utilize your old system instead of throwing it away. In this guide, we will install and set up services on our 10-year-old laptop to host a WordPress, Joomla, or custom HTML or PHP-based website with a free SSL certificate. MAKEUSEOF VIDEO OF THE DAY Things You Will Need to Host a Website Following are the pre-requisites to host a website for free from home with just your computer: An old laptop or PC running Ubuntu Server. A registered domain name for your website Ethernet cable to connect the laptop or PC to router for reliable and fast connection Step 1: Update and Upgrade the Packages After  installing Ubuntu Server on your computer , execute the following c...

We Bring You Brief Series of Sanctions Against Uganda Government Officials.

📸: Gen Abel Kandiho. On 9-December-2021, USA slapped sanctions against the then CMI Commander Gen Abel Kandiho. 📸: Gen Kale Kayihura. On 9-December-2022, UK slapped sanctions against former Police Boss Gen Kale Kayihura. 📸: Commissioner General of Prisons, Johnson Byabashaija. Again on this 4-December-2023, the same USA has slapped sanctions against Uganda Prisons Commander Johnson Byabashaija over alleged torture and human rights abuses in Prisons across Uganda. We ask, has USA and UK made December as an LCM to slap sanctions against high ranking government officials in Uganda even when the sanctions just remain on paper without deeper investigations to ascertain logical conclusions or remedy to that effect ?. #iip_updates  #Information_is_Power  #we_inform_the_uninformed

UGANDA ELECTORAL COMMISSION TO ELIMINATE NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION CARDS (IDs) FOR 2021 GENERAL ELECTIONS.

The elimination of using National IDs (Ndagamuntu) for the 2021 elections should not have come as a surprise. One would be very NAIVE to think that Bobi Wine has not prepared for this in his Business Plan under the RISK section. It is public knowledge that our EC is not independent.  It is also public knowledge that Military Dictator Yoweri Museveni will never lose an election. What stunned us this morning is when we noticed that on social media, people were mocking Bobi with his "get your Ndagamuntu".  We are on record for saying to all Our readers that the National ID is like Apartheid in South Africa. Students of History would know how those IDs were being used to arrest people, deny them jobs, deny them basic services. Consequently, Bobi was not wrong and will never be wrong on the Ndagamuntu. Except the ones attacking him and mocking him forget that in Uganda, now, no National ID (Ndagamuntu), no service.  If you have not been denied registering your child i...